Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Are you craving a modern touch on your sewing arsenal? Try looking into our list of the best computerized sewing machines below.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These computerized sewing machines will definitely look good in your sewing machine collection and let you finish beautiful sewing projects without committing a lot of time.
Computerized sewing machines don’t only allow you to set stitching to autopilot mode conveniently. It also allows you to control thread tension strength and automatically download firmware updates from the internet to ensure efficient performance.
While it is satisfying to use a manual sewing machine, taking advantage of the features offered by a modern sewing tool like computerized sewing machines makes a huge difference. Consider one of the following best computerized sewing machines below whenever you are ready for an upgrade.
1. SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine
The SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine is our choice for overall best computerized sewing machine for the money.
The Singer 9960 provides the most number of built-in stitches in this list. It comes with 600 pre-programmed stitches as well as built-in lettering.
This sewing machine is our choice for the best computerized machine for the money as it has a wide array of features and functions. This includes its over 350 accessories. Among the features it comes with are a pack of needles, different types of foot, bobbins, auxiliary spool pin, seam ripper, thread spools, screwdriver, bobbins, and more.
Aside from that, Singer 9960 has 13 one-step buttonhole styles and is among the fastest computerized sewing machines as it makes 850 stitches per minute. You may also love the dust cover and extended table it comes with that will allow you to have a cleaner and broader work area.
Among the top features of this sewing machine are:
- One-Step Buttonhole – This function allows you to sew buttonholes in one step. You only need to put the button in the buttonhole foot, and you are ready to create a button perfectly to size. When it comes to buttonholes, Singer 9960 always provides consistent results.
- Adjustable Stitch Length – The stitch length from left to right is adjustable on Singer 9960. This feature allows you to make stitches broader or narrower depending on what the project requires.
- Built-in-Needle Threader – With this convenient feature, threading the needle will never be a problem for you. When luck isn’t on your side, it is taking you so long to thread the needle. But with a built-in needle-threader on your computerized sewing machine, you don’t have to spend much time on this task.
Overall, Singer 9960 is the number one computerized sewing machine that can help you save time and avoid strain to the eyes.
2. Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine
The Brother CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine is our choice for best computerized sewing machine for versatility.
If you opt for the best computerized machine for different sewing projects, Brother CS6000i is ideal for you. It comes with a wide round table that will allow you to work comfortably on large fabrics and a built-in free arm for securing cylindrical items such as pants feet sleeves.
With its multiple accessories, this computerized sewing machine offers excellent versatility. It also makes 850 stitches per minute and features an adjustable sewing speed that you can use when working on larger projects.
This computerized sewing and quilting machine is the most affordable model you can find. It is also ideal for beginners because of its easy operation and user-friendly interface.
If you love sewing decorative stitches, this Brother sewing machine is the ideal partner for you. You can also make buttonholes and beautiful designs without having a hard time learning to do so.
Below are among the best features of this machine:
- LCD Display – This computerized sewing machine allows you to work in any light as its LCD lights of the settings panel. You can also easily change sewing settings on the panel, and the machine is easy to use, even for beginners.
- Adjustable Sewing Speed Control – Brother CS6000I will allow you to make 850 stitches per minute and provide you the option to adjust the sewing speed according to your preference. With this feature, you can sew at your own pace, which is helpful when sewing thick, heavy fabrics.
3. Singer 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine
The Singer 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine is our choice for the best affordable computerized sewing machine.
Another computerized sewing machine on our list is the Singer 7258, which we ranked as the most affordable. Unlike other computerized sewing machines within its price point, it offers more stitch options and advanced features. It has 203 stitch applications that allow you to make excellent designs for home decor, clothes, quilts, and many more.
Aside from that, this sewing machine has six different buttonhole types. It also has a programmable needle up and down and adjustable stitch length ideal for a range of stitching. You will also receive helpful sewing accessories such as needle packs, thread pools, seam ripper, darning plate, screwdriver, and more.
If you usually work on cuffs and trouser hems, the free arm of this computerized sewing machine will also catch your interest. This particular function will also allow you to work on children’s clothing with ease.
Among the excellent advantages you can enjoy with Singer 7258 are:
- Online Owner’s Class – Unlike other computerized sewing machines, Singer 7258 comes with an online owner’s class that teaches you how to operate the machine. It includes instructions on selecting stitches, threading the machine correctly, changing the needle, and many more. Since this class is accessible online, you can take it whenever you have time.
- Sewing Speed – This sewing machine also offers fast stitching with its 750 stitches per minute sewing speed. With this speed, you can be more efficient without compromising the quality of your projects.
- Built-in Stitches – Computerized sewing machine reviews usually give much emphasis to this feature. Singer 7258 is pre-loaded with 100 built-in stitches ranging from basic to complicated decorative sewing, making it ideal for doing different sewing projects.
- Start/Stop Button – This feature makes this sewing machine convenient. It will let you start or stop stitching without the help of a presser foot. Also, you can control the sewing speed of your computerized sewing machine mechanically to work according to the pace you are comfortable with.
Questions and Answers
Is buying a computerized sewing machine worth it?
Yes, a computerized sewing machine is a worthy investment. While you can make beautiful sewing projects with manual sewing machines, a computerized sewing machine offers a wide variety of stitching options and other helpful features that are easy to utilize even for beginners.
Are computerized sewing machines good for beginners?
Yes, the best computerized sewing machines are easy to operate, even for beginners. You can also find a lot of instruction videos online that can help you get started. Aside from that, manufacturers of computerized sewing machines provide a user manual that you can look at.
What are the things to consider when choosing a computerized sewing machine?
To make the most out of your investment, make sure to consider the following factors when choosing a computerized sewing machine:
Most computerized sewing machines come with several stitch options. However, choose the one that will allow you to sew conveniently. Among the basic stitch options that you can find in a computerized sewing machine are zig-zag, straight stitch, tri-motion, buttonhole styles, blind hem, and backstitch. It helps to consider the projects you usually do when looking at the stitch options of a computerized sewing machine.
Type Of Sewing
Another factor that should affect your decision when buying a computerized sewing machine is the type of sewing you will do with it. There must be a specific computerized sewing machine ideal for quilting, embroidery, upholstery, and others.
Getting one that can excellently do all sewing functions can be difficult. However, settling with a computerized machine that can only do basic functions is not worthwhile. We highly recommend buying the best computerized sewing machine that can meet your specific needs, especially that these computerized machines are not cheap.
As mentioned earlier, computerized sewing machines are not that cheap. So, it is impossible to ignore your budget when shopping for one.
A computerized sewing machine equipped with more advanced features has a higher price than those with fewer features. If you have a tight budget, it is also a good option to buy a second hand counterpart.
Service And Warranty
Warranty can help you avoid costly repairs or paying for a replacement when things mess up. So, look into the best computerized sewing machines that offer a warranty that covers major parts and servicing.