Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Are you starting a home embroidery business and need a new machine? Here are the best embroidery machines for a home business.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is always best to do your research when making a big purchase. When this purchase involves the success of your business, however, it becomes not only an advantage but an absolute necessity to do so.
Home businesses require extra functionalities the occasional hobbyist does not, and you want to make sure you get an efficient model.
A large embroidery hoop, the ability to stitch hundreds of stitches per minute, and the quality of the LCD display are just some of the features that can make or break your home business.
With old-school forms of art like embroidery and crochet making their comeback in fashion, this is your chance to take your skills to the next level and profit from them.
The 9 Best Embroidery Machines for Home Business
|Top||Janome MB-4S Four Needle Embroidery Machine with Accessories||Check Price!|
|Top||Brother SE600 Sewing and Embroidery Machine, 80 Designs, 103 Built-In Stitches, Computerized, 4" x 4" Hoop Area, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 7 Included Feet||Check Price!|
|Top||Memory Craft 9900 Sewing & Embroidery Machine||Check Price!|
|Top||Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery Machine||Check Price!|
|Top||SINGER | Legacy SE300 Embroidery Machine with 200 Built-In Embroideries, LCD Touch Screen, & 250 Built-In Stitches - Sewing Made Easy||Check Price!|
|Top||Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine, 138 Designs, 240 Built-in Stitches, Computerized, 5" x 7" Hoop Area, 3.2" LCD Touchscreen Display, 8 Included Feet||Check Price!|
|Top||EverSewn Sparrow QE Professional Sewing and Quilting Machine - 8Û Throat - 70 Stitch Patterns - Intuative Control Panel, White||Check Price!|
|Top||Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine, 125 Built-in Designs Including 45 Disney Designs, 4" x 4" Hoop Area, Large 3.2" LCD Touchscreen, USB Port, 9 Font Styles||Check Price!|
|Top||Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine, 138 Built-in Designs, 5" x 7" Hoop Area, Large 3.2" LCD Touchscreen, USB Port, 11 Font Styles||Check Price!|
1. Janome MB-4S Four Needle Embroidery Machine
- Remote Computer Screen (RCS): The Remote Computer Screen (RCS) gives you total set-up and editing control with up to 65,536 colors. One RCS can power many machines, saving the cost of additional controllers.
- LED Light: The LED Light offers precise lighting for outstanding results | On Board Control: The MB-4S includes an on-board sub-control device. You can use it without the controller! The MB-4S also includes 3 MB of memory which can store up to 1,500,000 stitches or up to 100 designs
- Automatic Thread Cutter: The MB-4S automatically cuts jump threads - even between letters - saving you time and hassle.
- Dedicated Bobbin Winding Motor: This feature - not found on professional machines - winds new bobbins even while the machine is stitching a design.
- Bonus Package Includes: Janome MB-4S Hat Hoop (100mm x 60mm), Janome Lettering Hoop Holder Unit, Janome No.7 Lettering Hoop J8 (25 x 121), Janome No. 9 Lettering Hoop J6 (66 x 66). *Items may be substituted and are subject to stock on hand. Packing might vary
This embroidery machine by Jerome is made exactly for high-capacity home business embroidery. It has 4 needles instead of simply 1 and that improves by a lot the embroidery speed.
It also has good compatibility with most embroidery formats utilized in the embroidery world, allowing you to have ample choice among them. Also, it can be used with a large variety of hoops, made by Janome or even other brands.
It is on the high end of the price spectrum, but you get your money’s worth with a machine that will last for years.
2. Brother SE600
- 80 Built-in designs: The SE600 comes with 80 built-in designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts for personalizing your projects
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and embroidery combo machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes the thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 103 Built-in sewing stitches: This machine features 103 sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches per minute)- 710
- Large color touchscreen: The Brother SE600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine features a large 3.2 LCD color touchscreen allowing you to preview your designs before stitching
- 4 X 4 Embroidery field: This computerized combo machine is built with a 4 x 4 Embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm and 7 sewing f
The brother SE600 is well regarded in the embroidery world and is also very versatile, making it great for home business use. It comes with 70 designs included, and it lets you import your own unique designs to really let your business flourish.
The embroidery hoop measures 4 x 4 inches, so this is ideal for those who embroider a lot of small details on clothes or bags, or for monogramming.
The Brother SE600 is a combination machine that sews over seven hundred stitches per minute, and it is incredibly easy to use. It is an excellent choice for a starter business and something that will be reliable for many years to come.
3. Memory Craft 9900 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- Linear Motion Embroidery System sewing speed: 400 - 800 spm
- Editing functions: Resize, combine, duplicate, flip, arc, group, drag & drop, zoom, trace, user color choice
- Maximum embroidery size: 6.7 x 7.9 (170mm x 200mm)
- Full intensity lighting system with 5 white LED lamps in 3 locations
- LCD Full color touchscreen and Memory capability: up to 3MB of stor
This embroidery machine by Memory Craft is a high-end device that can complete a high volume of work with its 400-800 stitches per minute sewing speed.
It has a raft of different functions for you to edit your work giving you maximum flexibility to meet customer’s design requests. The embroidery hoop size is 6.7 x 7.9 inches, which is about average for embroidery machines and enough for home use.
Another great thing about it is the LCD display, it is touchscreen and recreates the design colors perfectly. There are 5 separate lamps to help illuminate the work area no matter the environment you are working in.
You can even edit your designs on the screen itself, which is fantastic for efficiency.
4. Janome Memory Craft 500E Embroidery Machine
- Full Color Touchscreen On-screen editing functions include enlarge/ reduce, rotate, flip, drag and drop, arc, combine, copy and paste, grouping, corner layout, single color sewing, zoom
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Advanced Needle Threader
- Maximum embroidery size: 7.9 x 11
- 160 built-in desi
The Janome h00E has the standout feature of an extra-large embroidery work area. If you know that you will need this extra space for your home business then you cannot go wrong with this model.
It has a 7.9” x 7.9” field, putting in direct competition with the high-end machines but for a fraction of the cost. It is fully capable of USB design transfers from your PC or memory device and also gives you a plethora of on-screen editing options.
The instruction manual is rather sparse though, you will almost certainly need to study a few videos online to grasp the finer details. But when you do, this will be a big asset to any home business.
5. SINGER | Legacy SE300 Portable Machine
- SINGER SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Legacy SE300 Portable Sewing Machine has 250 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Legacy SE300 has extra-large embroidery area, snap-on embroidery hoops, usb stick embroidery design transfer, bobbin winding while embroidering, upper thread sensor, 10 snap-on presser feet, 200 embroidery designs + 6 alphabet options which expands your creative and monogramming possibilities
- HIGH SEWING AND EMBROIDERY SPEED: The SINGER Legacy SE300 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 800 stitches-per-minute and 700 embroidery stitches per minute, and so projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING AND EMBROIDERY MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with large and small embroidery hoop, all-purpose foot, satin stitch foot, overcasting foot, blind hem foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot with underplate, straight stitch foot, button sewing foot, open toe foot
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts o
The Singer Legacy SE300 embroidery machine is pretty good at all aspects of embroidery as well as being highly portable as well.
It features an extra-large embroidery area to give you more design freedom, USB design transfer, snap-on hoops, and 200 inbuilt embroidery designs. The speed at which this machine can work is its real standout feature.
It can reach up to 700 embroidery stitches a minute giving you a small turnaround time on jobs. The screen is bright and clear and very easy to read.
Overall, this is a fuss-free machine that should satisfy your needs.
6. Brother SE1900 Sewing Embroidery
- 138 Built-in designs: The SE1900 comes with 138 Built-in designs and 11 embroidery fonts perfect for monogramming
- Advanced needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and quilting combo machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes the thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 240 Built-in sewing stitches: The SE1900 features 240 Built-in sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes
- Large color touchscreen: Preview your designs and browse editing options on the large full color, 3.2 inch LCD touchscreen display
- 5 X 7 Embroidery field: This Brother combo embroidery and sewing machine is built with a 5 x 7 Embroidery field for larger designs with an included hoop and 8 sewing f
The Brother SE1900 is well known for its reliability and ability to do a variety of jobs.
It comes with a massive number of 138 built-in designs and 11 embroidery fonts perfect for getting you started in your home business. It is very functional with its advanced needle threading option and drop-in, jam-resistant bobbin.
The touchscreen on this model is large at 3.2” and it looks beautiful and bright. Although not the biggest on the market, the embroidery field will cover most jobs at 5” x 7” and the hoop is included in the package.
Everything is here, including USB file transfer and easy-to-understand instructions. A very versatile machine that is great for beginner and advanced businesses alike.
7. EverSewn Sparrow QE
- Modern sewing and quilting machine with professional sewing features – ideal for advanced sewers and quilters
- Beautiful stitch Quality, knee lift and an 8-inch throat space – perfect for larger projects or quilts
- The Sparrow QE offers professional Tools at a very competitive price, offering over 70 stitch patterns, speed control and a built-in thread cutter
- Selecting and changing Stich settings is quick and simple with the intuitive and easy-to-navigate Interface
- Slide-on table and a special quilting deluxe foot kit can be purchased separat
Evergreen may not be the most famous name in embroidery but Sparrow QE is a great machine that is easy to work with and has some unique modern features.
It gives you the option to control your embroidery through an app downloaded onto a smart device. This effectively gives you a much larger screen surface to edit and control your work. It has an embroidery field of 4.75” x 7” and 100 inbuilt designs.
This model is compatible with all major file types used in embroidery file transfer and new designs can be added from your smart device app.
If you are technology-minded and need your machine to be future-proof, then this is the best embroidery machine for your home business.
8. Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine
- 125 Built-in designs: Featuring 125 Built-in designs including 45 Disney designs, the PE550D allows you to bring magic to any project
- 9 Built-in fonts: Personalize your projects with 6 English and 3 Japanese lettering font styles
- USB Port: Import your embroidery designs into your PE550Ds built-in memory through the USB port
- Large color touchscreen: Preview your designs before embroidering with the large, 3.2 inch LCD color touchscreen display
- 4 X 4 Embroidery field: This embroidery-only machine comes with a 4 x 4 hoop, an embroidery foot and built-in alignment tools
- The PE550D is an embroidery machine and does not function as a traditional sewing mach
The Brother PE550D is an embroidery machine that is geared towards doing the key parts of embroidery well, without many of the high-end features to complicate things.
It has 125 built-in designs, including 45 Disney designs as well as 9 fonts. There is a USB port for importing files and a large color touchscreen display that looks fantastic and is bright enough for the menus to be clear even in the brightness of workplaces. The embroidery field is not the biggest at only 4” x 4” though.
If you can manage this then there is a lot to love about this model. It is very easy to pick up for beginners and everything you need to get going is packaged in with the machine.
9. Brother PE800
- 138 Built-in designs: Featuring 138 built-in embroidery designs including scrollwork, florals and quilt patterns, the PE800 has numerous options to allow your creativity to flourish
- 11 Built-in fonts: 7 English, 3 Japanese, and 1 Cyrillic font styles are perfect for monogramming and lettering
- USB Port: The PE800s USB port allows you to import your embroidery designs into your machines built-in memory
- Large color touchscreen: The large 3.2 inch LCD color touchscreen allows you to preview your designs before embroidering
- 5 X 7 Embroidery field: This embroidery-only machine comes with an embroidery foot and a 5 x 7 inch embroidery hoop perfect for stitching larger desi
The PE800 is a fantastic machine for everyone. From beginners to business owners, no one would not benefit from its features. From a very reasonable price, you get over a hundred embroidery designs, eleven lettering fonts, and fourteen border styles.
The working area is 5 x 7 inches and very bright, due to a good lamp inbuilt in the machine. Brother makes amazing displays with fantastic color recreation, and you can edit the patterns directly on the screen.
Buying Guide for The Best Home Business Embroidery Machines
A machine that is not running is money lost. This is why it is important to be aware of the warranty options and fine print with the machine you choose to buy. Be on the lookout for long turnaround times that will leave your machine out of action.
Consider performing a local search in your area for certified embroidery machine agents. You may be required to take the machine in for repair yourself, or to ship it somewhere to be repaired. Also, make sure that you learn how to oil and lubricate your embroidery machine.
Needles amount/stitches per minute
Home business embroidery has a much larger volume of work than a hobby. When sewing for yourself, it matters much less that everything has to be done manually.
Your business, however, could save so much of this effort and energy using multi-needle machines that have automatic options for the time-consuming parts of embroidering.
The best embroidery machine for a home business should have the ability to manage a high output of work, and it does that by having more than one needle and sewing over 500 stitches per minute.
LCD Screen Size
Apart from just looking pretty, the size of the digital screen can have practical effects on your work and business. The larger the screen, the easier it will be to deal with the more technical designs and have better control over your work.
Smaller screens are more cost-effective but can be very difficult to use with adult hands.
It is expected as a standard that machines come with a USB port for file transfers. Some will even have an SD card slot or possibly be able to connect straight to your PC. This link straight to your computer and will allow you to alter designs in real-time.
One of the most important aspects of an embroidery machine for home businesses is the hoop size. You tend to find that the more budget the machine is, the more limited the size of the hoop will be.
It is key to take some time to understand what type and size projects you want to undertake before you purchase a machine. Go for the biggest hoop you can afford and it will give you much more flexibility.
Monogramming only needs a small hoop size, yet embroidery can cover areas as large as the back of a shirt. The minimum recommended hoop size for embroidery is around 5 x 7 inches.
Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business – Frequently Asked Questions
How hard is it to learn embroidery?
In the main, embroidery is not difficult to learn if you are willing to put in the time and effort to master the basics.
There are a lot of resources available in books and online, make sure you take advantage of these. It may even be advantageous to study some embroidery courses as a fast track to learning the skill.
What do I need to start a home embroidery business?
The basic items you need to create fantastic designs in embroidery are:
- Embroidery machine: These can range from budget to high-end and come in many shapes and sizes. Some pretty advanced technology is available in these machines and they are a vital tool for any embroidery home business.
- Workspace: A suitable location to run your business is essential. It could be your home, a rented workspace, or a shop front. Wherever it may be, make sure conditions allow you to create work efficiently and safely. They include a light place with good lighting and enough space to sew and work.
- Embroidery hoops/scissors/needles: These are the bread and butter of any embroidery business and the raw materials that will give you the ability to make great-looking designs.
- Fabric: This will be what you add your designs to. The fabric used can vary wildly depending on its intended use, but it should always be woven fabric. Cotton, polyester, linen, and silk are popular choices.
What is computerized embroidery?
Computerized embroidery, or computer-controlled embroidery as it can also be called, is computer-aided manufacturing and design of patterns onto fabrics using thread.
It utilizes software programs to create unique designs or as a way to import images and pre-made designs into the machine, ready to be embroidered.