Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Are you looking for the best professional sewing machine? In this article we are going to review our favorites and help you pick the one that’s right for you.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you plan to put up a business that involves the sewing of different types of clothes? Are you searching for the best professional sewing machine that will help achieve your sewing business objectives? If yes, then you’re at the right place.
There are many variations of professional sewing machines available in the market today, with each type having its positives and negatives associated with them. It might be confusing and frustrating for you to choose the best professional sewing machine.
Here is a comprehensive guide that will help you decide what type of sewing machine fits your needs to give you some insight into what you are looking for.
1. Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i
The Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i is our choice for the overall best professional sewing machine for the money.
- 60 Unique built-in stitches: The Brother CS6000i includes 60 built-in sewing stitches, including decorative stitches and 7 styles of auto-size buttonholes
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes the thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- Included accessories: The CS6000i includes a hard protective case, wide table, 10 sewing feet, needle set including twin needle, 3 bobbins and more
- LCD Screen: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD display
- 25 Year limited warranty: The CS6000i is backed by a 25 year limited warranty with free technical support for the life of the product
- This product is intended for sale only in the US at 120 volts, and any other use or sale voids the warranty.
This particular model of Brother Sewing Machine is programmed to provide you with 60 built-in stitches, 7 presser feet, and 4 additional accessories, which include a quilting table, quarter-inch foot, zipper foot, and buttonhole foot.
It also has a fantastic LCD screen and an indicator that will show you what stitch length or width are selected. Last but not least, its table is extra wide and comes with two storage compartments so you can keep your essential items within easy reach while doing your work on this machine.
With this type of sewing machine, you can complete sleeves and trousers in high quality, all thanks to its free arm. There is a bright light so you can work on darker materials without straining your eyes. Because of the extensive work surface and stitch choices, you can also complete quilting projects of exceptional quality.
The machine is lightweight and comes with a hardcover to make it a breeze transporting it to your next sewing lesson. It’s extremely simple to use, making it an ideal option for a novice. Cleaning this equipment is essential to ensure that it functions properly.
2. Brother SE600 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The Brother SE600 Sewing and Embroidery Machine is our choice for the overall best professional sewing machine regardless of cost.
- 80 Built-in designs: The SE600 comes with 80 built-in designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts for personalizing your projects
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and embroidery combo machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes the thread through the needle and a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 103 Built-in sewing stitches: This machine features 103 sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches per minute)- 710
- Large color touchscreen: The Brother SE600 computerized sewing and embroidery machine features a large 3.2 LCD color touchscreen allowing you to preview your designs before stitching
- 4 X 4 Embroidery field: This computerized combo machine is built with a 4 x 4 Embroidery field with an included hoop, embroidery arm and 7 sewing feet
- This product is intended for sale only in the US at 120 volts, and any other use or sale voids the warran
This type of professional sewing machine can help you complete fun projects as well as professional ones. It comes with 80 designs as well as 103 built-in stitches.
You can use this equipment to create designs that have been saved to your computer or those from the included USB flash drive, which is highly convenient. You also get 7 included presser feet, a 4″ x 4″ accessory hoop, a 3.2″ touchscreen display, and much more!
It’s also extremely lightweight and easy to transport from one location to another should you need to do so. This machine has received rave reviews from people who have purchased it, making it an outstanding value for the price.
This is a machine that will give you excellent performance and durability. You can make highly professional-looking designs quickly and easily. The automatic needle threader will save you time and effort, making this an item that is hard to pass by!
3. SINGER 4423 Sewing Machine, Grey
The SINGER 4423 Sewing Machine is our choice for the best cheap professional sewing machine.
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration. Amps (0.7). Watts (84). Volts (120). Hz (60)
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty. Note : Refer to the Videos and also the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manua
This is a beautiful heavy-duty sewing machine that has been specifically designed for people who want to make their own fantastic pieces of art. It only has 23 built-in stitches, but they are more than enough to let you complete any sewing, ornamental, or quilting job.
The Singer 4423 model has been described as being easy to use and packed with features that allow you to work faster and more easily than ever before. It comes with a variety of presser feet, an automatic needle threader, a four-step buttonhole feature for making professional style buttons in no time at all, plus much more!
Since the motor is 60 percent stronger compared to other sewing machines, you can achieve a maximum speed of 1,100 stitches every minute. This machine allows you to complete many parts in less time.
Despite its low price, this machine is constructed of sturdy metal and stainless steel, with no fragile plastic components.
4. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing Machine
The Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing Machine is another great choice for a professional sewing machine.
- SIMPLE-TO-USE SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE: 255 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, letters and buttonhole stitches, meet your various needs for embroidery patterns.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGNED LCD SCREEN: The stitch selector switch allows you to easily see and choose your stitch. Simply select your stitches with the push of a button and view your selection on the LCD display.
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: This sewing machine includes an automatic needle threader that helps you easily thread the eye of the needle without causing your eyes fatigue or frustration and a convenient, jam resistant.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced. They are all conveniently stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- LCD SCREEN: The intuitive LCD display allows you to easily choose your stitches and settings with the push of a button
Juki’s HZL-F600 is a high-speed, computerized sewing machine with a large embroidery area. It has an excellent variety of 255 built-in stitches with decorative, heirloom, and quilting stitches, as well as two automatic four-step buttonholes.
It is a great sewing machine to have if you are looking for a workhorse that will give you spectacular results while allowing you to work on other aspects of your sewing projects simultaneously.
This advanced quilting machine can sew at speeds up to 900 SPM (stitches per minute). It features an easy auto needle threader with a large eye for regular thread and metallic thread or twin needles. There’s also a top drop-in bobbin, and the stitch length and width are adjustable from .04″ – 4mm, resulting in precise, easy to achieve stitches.
The LED screen is clear and easy to read with a digital stitch counter, a stitch pattern chart, and a manual thread cutter. This professional sewing machine is one of the most expensive models available, but it’s sure to be an excellent addition for any quilter.
5. Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
The Janome 3160QDC Computerized Sewing Machine is also a great choice for a professional sewing machine.
- - 60 Built-In Sewing Stitches and 6 Built-In Buttonholes - Built-In Automatic Needle Threader - No More Eye Strain! Simply Pull Down the Needle Threader, Place Your Thread in the Hook and Pull Back / Easy to Use Control Panel with LCD Panel - The Easy-to-Use Control Panel makes Sewing a Cinch
- - Jam Proof Easy-Set Top-Loading Bobbin System - Its Easy To Change Your Bobbin. Simply Follow the Track and the Machine will Automatically Bring the Bobbin Thread Up For You. There is No Need to Worry About Running Off the Edge of Your Project Because the Bobbin System is Jam-Proof
- - Handy Function Buttons - The Thread Cutter Button will Cut Both the Top and Bottom Thread with the Touch of a Button. The Reverse Stitch Button will Have Your Machine Sew in Reverse for Reinforced Stitching. The Lock Stitch Button Finishes the Stitch You are Sewing so You Don’t End Up with Half a Stitch Pattern. The Needle Up/Down Button will Bring the Needle Up or Down with the Touch of a Button and the Start/Stop Button will Start the Machine without the Need for a Foot Control!
- - Comes With an Incredible Amount of Accessories - Hard Cover, Extension Table, Open-Toe Even Feed Foot, Open-Toe Darning Foot, Zig-Zag “A” Sewing Foot, Overedge C Sewing Foot, Zipper “E” Sewing Foot, Satin Stitch “F” Sewing Foot, Blind Hem “G” Sewing Foot
- - Also Comes With - 1/4” Seam “O” Sewing Foot with Guide, Zig-Zag “F2” Sewing Foot, Automatic Buttonhole “R” Sewing Foot, Assorted Needle Set, Spool Holder (Large), Spool Holder (Small), Extra Spool Pin, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Lint Brush, Seam Ripper, and an Instruction B
This is a mid-range sewing machine that offers the perfect combination of features and price. Janome is well known for its high-quality machines, and this one is no exception.
It has 60 built-in stitches, including 6 buttonholes, providing the ideal stitch variety for every job. This type of sewing machine is a unique, feature-packed computerized sewing machine that will meet the requirements of even the most skilled and rigorous seamstress.
The automatic thread cutter, LCD screen, and much more ensure that all your projects will go smoothly. The simple-to-use control panel and LCD screen allow for more detail in ornamental stitching as well as excellent precise adjustments in all stitches.
The 3160QDC has an extension table for more sewing and working space. At rates of up to 820 stitches per minute, the stitch quality is outstanding, and the unique built-in features will assist you with virtually any stitching problem.
6. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine is another good choice for a professional sewing machine.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use o
With a built-in computer, this device puts the capabilities of the latest technology directly at your fingertips. It has over 600 built-in stitches that are made for working on heavy materials with ease and flexibility.
The Singer Quantum Stylish 9960 is an excellent sewing partner for quilters and other sophisticated sewing tasks. This incredible piece of equipment boasts an extension table, which allows you to keep sewing large pieces without worrying about running out of space or getting tangled up in an awkward set-up.
It also has automated threading as well as a simple-to-use bobbin mechanism. Because the bobbin cover and case are transparent, you will never be caught off guard when the bobbin thread has to be replenished.
This computerized sewing machine has a big LCD screen that allows for easy and clear viewing of stitch operations such as needle up/down position, suggested presser foot, tension settings, stitch width, stitch length, and many more!
Final Thoughts on the Best Professional Sewing Machines
If you are looking for an upgrade, then this review is perfect for you! The workmanship of all these machines speaks for itself. It ensures smooth and easy sewing each time with its high-quality parts and components. Plus, its durability makes it last for years!
Every sewer deserves to sew something extraordinary. These sewing machines are an excellent choice for that. You don’t have to worry about struggling with your seams anymore! Because our recommended sewing machines above will definitely take care of you and leave you satisfied.
In addition, when choosing your professional sewing machine, always consider your sewing needs. Are you a tailor, quilter, or home sewer? Do you want a lot of features or just the basics?
All these questions will help you determine which model would work best for your unique sewing style and needs. Read all our reviews above to make sure it fits your preference.
Questions and Answers
How much do professional sewing machines cost?
Professional sewing machines can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to even thousands. However, the price of a sewing machine can be different from one store to another.
There are many factors that could affect the price of that particular model. For example, some retailers will offer a discount if they think you are buying a type of machine they don’t sell as much of. Other brands will provide a specific model with additional features at no extra cost because they compete with rival companies.
Furthermore, professional, industrial, or specialty quilting and embroidery machines may cost $500 – $1000 and up.
How do I know that the sewing machine I bought is really a professional one?
If you’re buying from a trustworthy retailer, it’s best to look for “industrial” and “heavy duty” seams, as these models are more expensive and made for constant use.
The professionals usually have a metal frame, not wood, and offer a much higher speed due to the high quality of their gears and motor. The only way you can really check the sewing machine’s features is by asking a professional or reading our sewing machine reviews. Professional grade machines are definitely worth the investment.
What is the most reliable brand of sewing machines?
It’s best to look for brands that offer a range of products at different price points. Brands like Janome, Singer, Brother, and Juki are the most popular because of their wide selection of budget-friendly machines that feature high-quality materials.
Whichever brand you choose, be sure you select one that is well-known for dependability and quality artistry. You don’t need to spend top dollar for a good sewing machine; it will last you practically forever if you take the time to learn how to use it properly.
What makes a good sewing machine?
Sewing machines should be easy to use but versatile enough to handle various tasks such as quilting, mending, and darning. A great machine will help you up your sewing game which means that it should have multiple stitch patterns available — usually between 100 – 500 — which you can adjust the length and width of each stitch pitch. Also, some stitches may offer decorative options, such as a zigzag, stitch in the ditch, or buttonhole.
Your sewing machine should also have a dial to adjust the thread tension on your bobbin, which allows you to match the stitch size and tension that specific fabric needs. There is, of course, lots of more technical stuff that you will learn as you progress, but these are some of the most important factors to consider when buying a sewing machine.