Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Are you looking for a sewing machine that can help with your quilting and embroidery projects? In this article we are going to share the best sewing machines for quilting and embroidery with you.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The best machine for embroidery and quilting should first have embroidery settings. Second, it should be sturdy and has a long free arm to give you a bigger space to work comfortably.
Below are some of the best sewing machines that can work as an embroidery machine and quilting machine. Find out which one is ideal for your quilting and embroidery needs.
1. Brother SE1900 Sewing And Embroidery Machine
The Brother SE1900 Sewing And Embroidery Machine is our choice for overall best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery for the money.
- 138 Built-in designs: The SE1900 comes with 138 Built-in designs and 11 embroidery fonts perfect for monogramming
- Advanced needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and quilting combo machine includes an advanced needle threading function that easily pushes the thread through the needle with the press of a lever and a jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- 240 Built-in sewing stitches: The SE1900 features 240 Built-in sewing stitches including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes
- Large color touchscreen: Preview your designs and browse editing options on the large full color, 3.2 inch LCD touchscreen display
- 5 X 7 Embroidery field: This Brother combo embroidery and sewing machine is built with a 5 x 7 Embroidery field for larger designs with an included hoop and 8 sewing feet
- This product is intended for sale only in the US at 120 volts, and any other use or sale voids the warranty.
The Brother SE1900 is our choice as the overall best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery for its price point. Aside from its excellent performance in embroidery and quilting, it is also a durable sewing machine with many functional areas and features.
Among its interesting features is its 5 to 7 pixels embroidery size. With this sewing and embroidery machine, you can also enjoy a 450 bpm embroidery speed for better efficiency.
Brother SE1900 is ideal for professional users as it comes with many advanced features and controls. It also offers 138 designs, 10 frames with 14 borders, and 11 fonts.
Aside from that, it offers a sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute. It might not be as fast as other sewing machines, but this speed is enough for your embroidery and quilting projects.
2. Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q
The Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q is our choice for best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery for ease of use.
- Automatic needle threader and Drop & Sew bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up. Helpful Hint: To secure thread, pull both threads to the backside of the fabric and tie together.
- 98 built-in stitches with seven fully automatic one-step buttonholes provide endless project possibilities
- Programmable needle up/down and drop feed make quilting fun and easy
- Four bonus quilting feet and an extension table create the winning quilting combination
- Electronic twin needle control and adjustable stitch length and width allow you to customize your projects. 110 volt sewing machine designed for United States and Canadian use only. . Amps: 0. 62
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts on
Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q is a sewing machine meant for quilting. It comes with four different quilting feet along with a large working area that makes quilting easier.
Also, this quilting machine features a solid metal frame, making it a reliable sewing and quilting partner when dealing with heavier quilts. Its needle is completely programmable up and down. As a result, quilting and embroidery with this machine is way easier.
This sewing and quilting machine from Singer offers 98 different stitch combinations and seven varieties of 1-step buttonholes. It also integrates a droppin system and an automatic needle threader for additional convenience.
If you plan to work on other free-motion sewing projects aside from quilting and embroidery, this quilting machine is ideal for you. Its features also make it an ideal sewing machine for beginners to intermediate quilters.
3. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is our choice for best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery for versatility.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use o
As a sewer, the first thing that will make you interested in Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 computerized sewing machine is the 600 unique stitches it offers. With these wide-ranging options, you can freely explore these different stitches on your projects.
This sewing and embroidery machine also has drop into bobbins and an automatic needle threader for better ease of use. You can also choose from 13 different types of 1-step buttonholes along with five fonts.
Since you are looking for a sewing and embroidery machine that is also ideal for quilting, Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 ranks one of the leading because of its professional stitch quality control. It is also equipped with a huge quilting table that allows it to carry heavy, large quilts and 18 varieties of presser foot.
What makes it even more versatile for a sewing machine is its 25 needle-positioning possibilities, reverse automatic reversible threading, vertical threading, and 7mm stitch width. You can also enjoy a 25-year warranty when you buy this sewing machine.
Questions and Answers
Can you embroider with a quilting machine?
Yes, you can. A sewing machine with a zig-zag function allows you to make beautiful embroideries.
Can a computerized sewing machine do embroidery?
Yes, some computerized sewing machines work as computer sewing and embroidery machines. These sewing machines can make complex patterns on fabrics and provide a working space that effectively holds the fabrics underneath the needle assembly.
What are tips that can help you get the ideal quilting and embroidery machine?
A sewing machine for quilting has a sturdy design and integrates several areas for storage.
On the other hand, embroidery machines have built-in embroidery designs and special needles. So, when choosing a sewing machine for quilting and embroidery, look for one that comes with all these features.
Aside from that, you also need a larger working area for quilting, so look for the best sewing machine with a sturdy, long arm.
Since quilting involves sewing on multiple layers of fabrics, ensure that the quilting and embroidery machine you get can handle heavy and thick fabrics.
What are the important quilting features in a sewing machine?
The set of features of a sewing machine can make your sewing experience different. Below are some of the essential quilting features that a sewing machine for quilting and embroidery should have :
- Throat space – A sewing machine for quilting should have a large throat space. It will let you easily work with larger craft projects.
- Thread cutter – Choose a quilting sewing machine with a built-in thread cutter to enjoy better versatility.
- Decorative stitches – Sewing machines for quilting that offer more decorative stitches will let you add beautiful designs to your quilting pattern.
- Table – Having this feature provides better mobility when working on complex quilting projects.
- Quilting stitches – Some quilting machines offer quilting stitches like the stay stitch or the tie-off.
- Needle position – Sewing and quilting machines that allow you to set the needle position up or down easily are ideal for quilters. It will enable you to work easily on quilting projects.
- Frame – Sewing machines with 4″ x 4″ frames are also helpful for quilting.
Some of these features are optional, but having them makes quilting more convenient for you.
What are the important embroidery features in a sewing machine?
Like sewing machines for quilting, the best embroidery sewing machine should also provide a wide working area. This feature will make it easier for you to work on large embroidery designs without the need to split them and rehoop the fabric.
Choose a sewing machine with at least a 4″ x 4″ embroidery area if you wish to embroider specialized quilt labels. Meanwhile, opt for a larger embroidery area if you plan to embroider large blocks or piece large quilt blocks. Doing these projects in a small area is still possible, but you have to use embroidery software to split designs and stitch in steps, which is time-consuming.
Built-in designs and fonts
For those who don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading and importing designs to your embroidery machine, check its pre-programmed fonts and designs before buying.
Ease of switching between features
There are times when you want to switch from sewing to embroidery. So, make sure to buy the best sewing machine that will allow you to quickly change from presser foot to embroidery foot before placing the embroidery arm.
Design import method
If you are not into technical stuff and don’t have access to reliable wireless internet, stay away from embroidery machines that import designs wirelessly. Other ways to import new designs include connecting your computerized sewing machine to your computer using a cable and plugging in a flash drive.