Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Straining your eyes from sewing in low light? Read about the best sewing machine lights, their features, & pros-cons in this guide!
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Not many things are so eye-straining as attempting to see in a very dim light. If what you want to see is small and detailed as a sewing project this adds even more to the possible injuries.
It is crucial to take care of your health and a sewing machine light is the best way to prevent eye exertion. A regular lamp will not suffice here, due to the angle of the sewing machine it may even make it worse and cast shadows on your work.
There are many types you can choose from, LED strips that stick to the machine, big lamps that stand next to your work, and even magnetic lights that are convenient and portable.
The best sewing machine lights match your appliance, your workplace, and your needs, and we are here to show you the difference between them. Whether you love to quilt, embroider or sew you need to protect your vision, so pick one of the models ahead and you will be covered.
The 8 Best Sewing Machine Lights
|Top||Brightech LightView Pro Flex 2 in 1: 2.25x Magnifier with Bright LED Light - Magnifying Glass Lamp with Base Stand & Clamp - for Reading, Painting, Sewing & Needle Crafts, Puzzle & Hobby Fans||Check Price!|
|Top||Industrial Cnc Machine working lamps light||Check Price!|
|Top||Sewing Machine LED Lighting Kit - Fits All Sewing Machines!||Check Price!|
|Top||Razon Sewing Machine LED Light, 6.6ft Cord with Touch Dimmer and USB Power Supply, 5pcs Adhesive Clips, Cold White with 3M Adhesive Tape, Fits All Sewing Machines||Check Price!|
|Top||Cutex (TM) Brand Domestic Home Sewing Machine LED Working Light||Check Price!|
|Top||Sewing Machine Flexible Gooseneck Working Lamp Light||Check Price!|
|Top||LED Sewing Machine Light,POWKER 30 LED Magnetic Mount Drill Press Light with Flexible Silone Coating Gooseneck for Sewing Machine, Drill Presses, Desks, Music Stands, Craft, Workbenches, Lathes Lamps||Check Price!|
|Top||Mighty Bright 64602 Sewing Machine Light, Silver||Check Price!|
1. Brightech LightView Pro
- BEST LED MAGNIFIER LAMP FOR READING & CLOSE WORK. COMFORTABLE, UNLIKE MAGNIFYING GLASSES / HEADSETS: Enjoy newspapers and books even with vision problems such as ageing eyes or macular degeneration. The 3 lens magnifies up to 225% (2.25X), with things in focus 8 away. Avoid strapping painful headsets or heavy, uncomfortable and awkward magnifying glasses, when at your work bench / table.
- THE RIGHT LIGHT FOR PUZZLE MAKING, SEWING & OTHER CRAFTS - CLAMP FOR DESK / WORKBENCH & GOOSENECK STYLE SWING ARMS SET & KEEP MAGNAFYING HEAD IN PLACE - The cool white light (adjustable to warm white) helps your eye see minor contrast plus tiny stitches / count threads like in natural daylight, improving needlework crafts and easing puzzle making. Plus free your hands from holding the lens so you enjoy arts & hobbies such as knitting, cross stitch, quilting & painting etc.
- MAG LAMP FOR ESTHETICIANS MICROBLADING, DOING FACIALS & EYELASH EXTENSIONS - WITH DIMMING & LIGHT COLOR ADJUSTMENT - Spas & salons, makeup artists and beauticians: do you need to work close up, precisely to make your clients look beautiful? It couldnt be any easier to shape an eye brow just right when you can see it brighter and magnified. Need the light a bit dimmer? Theres a built in dimmer. Plus adjust between cool white light for precise work or warm white for general work.
- AVOID REPLACEMENT HASSLES - REAL DIOPTER GLASS & 20 YEAR LIFE LED LIGHTS FOR MAX DURABILITY - The genuine diopter glass means the lens doesnt warp with time or heat, and is also scratch resistant. So it lasts longer than cheap acrylic/plastic lenses that warp in heat and scratch easily, causing replacement hassles in little time. The 9W & 650 lumen LED lights are built in and last 20,000 hours - about 20 years of use for 3 hours/day !
- BRIGHTECHS 3 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY: We proudly stand behind all of our products 100% and offer a full 3 year warranty. This will cover if the product stops working within 3 years or if there are any defects within those 3 years.
The Brightech Pro deserves its position on our list, it is a fantastic product with great value per money. It is not only a lamp but also a magnifying glass, perfect for those who need a little help to see the stitches perfectly.
It has a heavy base that holds the lamp in place and an adjustable gooseneck. This is ideal to position it on a good angle that lights your work. It magnifies anything 2.25% of their original size and you can point it anywhere you want.
Brightech is a giant when it comes to lamps, and this model does not disappoint in quality. The LED is bright enough you can see in very dim conditions and the colors remain true to the original ones.
2. Industrial Cnc Working Lamp
- LED Machine Lights,
- 110-240V with US plug
- 35D Spot Light
- Button Switch On the Lamp Head
- 21 Gooseneck
This is a product that is used for big machines so it is industrial quality. It is also simple, sturdy and with one button on the back of the head to turn on and off.
You will need to attach it with bolts but that means that it will always be there, a convenient feature for those looking for simplicity and reliability.
The LED light is bright and works with a 110 or 240 voltage. Sometimes gooseneck lamps can be flimsy and move from where you placed them, but that is not the case with this one.
The gooseneck is incredibly flexible and sturdy at the same time – you can move it too awkward positions and it will stay there.
3. Sewing Machine LED Lighting Kit
- EASY INSTALL - Clean your machine thoroughly , dry and then install , Complete Kit , Easy Do it Yourself Installed in minutes!
- US COMPANY - HQ in Tempe , AZ USA , Please call us for advice and help on installing and caring for your product : ALSO see all of our lighting products on Amazon, we have multiple options for lighting including closet , bathroom, garage , kitchen lighting All of our lights are professional grade and last 100,000 + operating hours
- NO MESS - Adheres directly to the machine for optimal lighting . Simply Clean the area where the light will be attached and make sure that material is compatible with adhesive. Call us for support if needed. portable sewing machine brother , janome sewing machine quilting , sewing machine coupons , brother lx2500 sewing machine , disney embroidery sewing machine , smartek mini sewing machine , singer 160 sewing machine , sew machine singer
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - Low cost & energy efficient . LEDs last for up to 10 years , pfaff sewing machine bobbins , pfaff sewing machine feet , bernina sewing machine table , white sewing machine foot pedal , nelco sewing machine , juki sewing machine parts , quilting sewing machine , singer sewing machine feet , singer sewing machine oil , singer sewing machine 4423 , sewing machine table , sewing machine cabinet , sewing machine needles , sewing machine oil , sewing machines janome
- FITS ALL MACHINES - Compatible with Kenmore sewing machine , Singer Sewing Machine , Brother Sewing Machine , and all other brands! Other uses include: vintage singer sewing machines , viking sewing machines , pfaff sewing machine accessories , how to use a sewing machine , sew machine , heavy duty sewing machines , sunbeam handheld sewing machine , white sewing machine bobbins , white sewing machine accessories , bernina sewing machine bobbins , singer sewing machine co
This model has a different approach to sewing machine lights and is preferred by many. The concept is simple, a strip of LED lights on a peel-off adhesive paper.
The idea is to peel off the strip and stick it on the underside of the top part of your sewing machine. That way they will directly light your work from the machine itself.
There is a plug at the end of it and a foam holder you can also stick to the machine to hold the cables.
The best part is that you can cut the strip with regular scissors, as long as you do it on multiples of three. Then it is possible to adjust the length exactly to the size of your machine and even make patterns that illuminate bigger areas.
The strip is quite long – 24 inches – so you can even order a second plug to use the leftover LED lights on a second machine.
4. Razon Sewing Machine LED Light
- COMPLETE SEWING MACHINE LIGHTING KIT: LED strip with very strong 3M VHB adhesive tape, touch dimmer, USB power supply, 6.6ft cord and 5pcs adhesive clips
- BENDABLE & FLEXIBLE: 11.8 inch led strip, cold white 6500k, working voltage DC 5V (also possible use with any device USB port)
- WITH TOUCH DIMMING SWITCH: Adjust brightness as you want, low cost & energy efficent
- EASY INSTALLATION: Strip light aheres directly to the machine, cut it to desired length at marked places and place it for optimal lighting
- NO SHADOWS - Small dimensions, high luminosity => replace a large sewing lamp, save space and no more shadow on your sewing machine. Better than bulb for sewing mach
The Razon LED light also works as an adhesive strip that sticks to the machine. It has a long power cord – 6.6 feet – so if you don’t have a plug nearby this is a good light to get.
Alternatively, it can also be powered by USB. The LED lights are bright and cool, and the stripe measures around 11 inches.
A good feature of this model is that it is dimmable, so you can adjust the brightness level according to your eyes, work, or external lights situation.
If it is too long for your machine you can also cut it, always every three LED lights. The adhesive is very strong and does not come off, sticking to virtually any surface.
5. Cutex Domestic Home Sewing Machine
- Home Sewing Machine LED Panel Working Light.
- Our new LED lighting panel kit is a super-bright cool white light system for your sewing machine, serger, longarm machine or other use. Featuring 30 individual LEDs on a panel, rotable dimmer switch and all the clips and tape you need to attach to your machine.
- 30 individual LED bulbs panel Easy installation Super bright, cool white light With dimmer switch to adjust brightness Fits most sewing machines and sergers 110 Volt Connects to AC wall out
Cutex offers sticky LED lights that are very bright and very cool. The unusual thing about them is that they do not come as a stripe but as a square panel.
This is good if you want a stronger and more focused light, as it provides an intense beacon of luminosity where you need it. It is one of the easiest models to install, simply peel of the adhesive paper and stick it under your machine.
All adhesives work better on clean and dry surfaces, so make sure you wipe and dry your device beforehand. It also has a dimmer switch to easily adjust the brightness.
6. Cutex Gooseneck Sewing Machine Lamp
- Details about SEWING MACHINE FLEXIBLE GOOSENECK WORKING LAMP LIGHT
- The lamp is to be installed though the table top
- It can take 6v or 110v light bulb (Light Bulb Not included)
- It can be connected to the motor or to an ac outlet. (No plug included)
- The neck measures 22 long, Diameter of the Lamp : 4-
Another model from Cutex, this one is more similar to a regular lamp. The difference is that you drill it directly into the sewing machine, and can even attach it to the motor of the machine itself to power.
This is not mandatory and this lamp also works on a wall plug. The gooseneck is highly adjustable and works well together with the machine – you can move it around to illuminate any area you need.
Note that the bulb is not included and must be purchased separately, but that also gives you control over the voltage you prefer.
This is a great alternative for those who don’t want to use LED lights.
7. Powker Magnetic Light
- 100% QUALITY LED：30 High-quality LED beads can provide enough bright light and the light is soft enough to protect the eyes.The sewing machine light is durable and can saves up to 90% of electricity.
- SAFE and STABLE POWER SUPPLY ：The mainboard of the power supply adopts constant current voltage input to prevent strobing light when in using.Protect your eyes and improve overall performance of the sewing lamp.
- SILICONE RESIN GOOSENECK ：We have improved the safety and comfort of our products by added a silicone flexible tube to the metal gooseneck,which is safer and flexible than others normal gooseneck.
- STRONG MAGNETIC BASE：We use the strongest suction magnetic material as the base of the lamp, the LED light can be magnet on any metal surface not slide nor move, also widely used in Lathes, Drill Presses, Workbenches, Music Stands, Craft etc. not just only the sewing machine light.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY：POWKER sewing machinge light are backed by a lifetime warranty.If you have any problems using our products, contact us at any time and we’ll make it rig
The Powker model is an LED lamp with a silicone neck that is incredibly malleable. The interesting thing about this light is that the base is magnetic, meaning you can attach it conveniently to any metal surface.
Most sewing machines are made of metal anyway, so this is great to adhere to any part of it – the top, side parts, or front – depending on where you need the light source.
Customers are pleased with the product and report that the magnet is decidedly strong and does not slide or move from place to place.
Definitely, a product to consider and one of the best sewing machine lights with a magnetic base.
8. Mighty Bright Sewing Machine Light
- Illuminates difficult to see threads, dark fabrics, and matching seams
- Bright white, energy-efficient LED
- Durable LED lasts 100,000 hours - no replacement necessary
- Precisely engineered optical grade lens spreads light evenly
- Adhesive base for easy placement on any sewing mach
The Mighty Bright is a very affordable lighting option, so if you are on a budget you should consider this model. It works as an LED lamp, with a small flexible neck and adhesive base.
If your sewing machine is made from plastic, you won’t be able to use a magnetic lamp like the previous model, and the MIght Bright caters to that.
Another useful feature is that this is a battery-powered model, so you do not need a power source to plug it.
Although the batteries included are not top quality, the lamp works well with a different set of them.
How to Choose the Best Sewing Machine Lights – Buying Guide
Type of lamp
There are as many types of sewing machine lights as there are sewing machines.
To give you an idea, you can choose from a lamp that clamps to the table, alight with a magnetic top that adheres to the machine, a lamp that is drilled to the inside of the sewing machine, or stripes of LED lights that stick to the underside of the top part of the sewing device.
The best one will depend on your needs, working space, and machine size.
When looking for a sewing machine light, you have to consider how easy it is to install it and how the lamp will be attached to your machine. Do you want a light that can be moved to different locations?
Would you prefer one that is drilled into your machine for maximum power? Or you prefer a very discrete line of lights that are as simple to set up as children’s stickers? Any of these can be easily arranged.
Unless you go for a model that can be drilled into the machine and harness the power from it, you will need a power supply.
Check your working area for wall plugs. Some models can even be powered by USB, so a computer or other device will do.
Size and scope
Different light types offer different coverage. You do not want a lamp with a stick neck, as it cannot reach the angles a gooseneck type can. Make sure the one you choose will provide light on the inside of the sewing machine, where the needle, fabric, and thread are.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sewing Lights
What eye issues can come up due to improper lighting when sewing clothes?
Sewing on less than optimal lighting conditions will lead to eye strain. This can result in migraines, blurred and double vision, light sensitivity, and pain around the eyes, head, and even neck.
What kind of lighting is best for a sewing room?
The best way to avoid eye fatigue is to have a bright workspace. Natural daylight is always the best choice, but not always possible.
That is why LED lights try to mimic daylight – they spread the light rays and offer a very bright but cool light. That means they do not get hot and uncomfortable.
What is the difference between light bulbs and LED lights?
LED lights to use around 5 times less energy than incandescent bulbs. They may be more expensive but will save you money in the long run. They also have a longer life, and the best sewing machine lights will last for over ten years.
Incandescent light bulbs, on the other hand, are much cheaper to make and purchase, and have an almost perfect color rendering index. This means they don’t change the color of the objects.
Can lights change the color of fabric or threads?
Yes, LED lights especially can make the colors of the objects seem different from the original. With sewing, this is particularly harmful as it can affect the result of the project.
Manufacturers, however, are catching up with this and improving more and more the color rendering index of LED lights.