Last Updated on January 10, 2023
Are you looking for the best sublimation ink of the market? Our sublimation ink review and buying guide will help you choose the right one for you.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When working on sublimation projects, one of the most important accessories to worry about is the ink. The ink determines how much the final project resembles the original design, and how vivid the colors are.
As you know, sublimation is the process where a solid material turns into gas while skipping the liquid phase. The best sublimation ink, encouraged by heat, transfers from the paper to the working surface completely and almost mess-free.
It seeps through the surface, binding itself in the gas state to the polyester, keeping the original color and design.
The ideal sublimation ink has low viscosity and does not clog your printer’s tubes, and small particles that make for a smooth process. While vibrancy is crucial, what we really should look for is dependable accuracy on inks.
That means that the colors are not only vivid and bright but can also show the depth and subtlety needed to print skin tones and nature scenes.
The 9 Best Sublimation Inks
|Top||Printers Jack 600ml Sublimation Ink Press Heat Transfer Ink for Artisan 1430 Stylus Photo 1400 T50 L800 L805 837 730 835 810 Printers Artisan 1410 1500W RX560 RX580 on Mug Cup T-Shirt Pillow||Check Price!|
|Top||Sublijet HD Ink Cartridges for Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 and SG800 Printers. Complete Set (CMYK) - Bundle with 220 Sheets of Our SUBLIMAX Sublimation Paper Made in Japan.||Check Price!|
|Top||InkOwl Compatible DYE Sublimation Ink Cartridges Replacement for SG400, SG800 (4-Pack)||Check Price!|
|Top||INKXPRO 4 X 100ml Professional True Color Sublimation Ink Refills for EcoTank printers, C88+ Workforce 3620 3640 7510 7520 7610 7620 7710 7720 7210 (for Sublimation Printing, ICC Profile Available)||Check Price!|
|Top||CoYlBod Sublimation Ink for Artisan 1430 1500w 730 837 835 810 800 725 710 700 600 50 PHOTO1410 1400 RX680 RX595 RX580 Refillable Cartridges or CISS, Heat Transfer on Mugs, t-Shirts||Check Price!|
|Top||Printers Jack 400ML Sublimation Ink Refill for Epson C88 C88+ WF7710 ET2720 ET4700 ET15000 ET2760 ET2750 WF7820 Inkjet Printers Heat Press Transfer on Mugs, Plates, Polyester Shirts, Phone Cases etc||Check Price!|
|Top||Anti-UV Sublimation Ink for Epson C88 C88+ WF7610 WF7010 WF7710 WF7110 WF3640 WF3610 WF3540 ET-2650 ET-2750 ET-3750 ET-4750 Heat Press Transfer on Mugs, Pillow, Polyester Shirts, Phone Cases etc||Check Price!|
|Top||Sublimation Ink for C88 C88+ WF7710 WF7720 WF7610 WF7110 WF7210 ET2750 ET2720 ET15000 ET2650 ET2760 ET4700 Heat Press Transfer for CISS on Mugs, Polyester Shirts, Phone Cases etc||Check Price!|
|Top||Trinity 4x100ml Sublimation Ink for Stylus C68 C88 CX3800 CX3810 CX4200 CX4800 CX5800 CX7800 Heat Press Transfer on Mugs, Plates, Polyester Shirts||Check Price!|
1. Printers Jack Sublimation Ink
- Use for transferring like T-shirt, cloth printing, pillow, mug cup , quilt, crossstitch, shoe, cap, ceramics, box, bag, decorative cloth, flag, banner etc
- 100% Compatible with all types of piezoelectric inkjet Printers Artisan 1430 50 837 730 835 810 Stylus Photo Printers R200, R220, R300, R320, R340, RX500, RX600, RX620 RX560 RX580 1400 1410 1500W. Can be use with refillable cartridges and CISS ink system
- High Quality ink with Great Low prices, It is scratch resistant, waterproof and anti-UV, and non-fading.
- Package Includes: 1x 100ml Black, 1x 100ml Cyan, 1x 100ml Magenta, 1x 100ml Yellow,, 1x 100ml Cyan, 1x 100ml Magenta
- ISO 9001 Certified,100% Satisfaction .
Printers Jack is one of the first brands that come to mind when the subject is the best sublimation ink. It has the right balance between price, quality, and client satisfaction.
This set comes in six different colors, unlike most batches that include four pigments. It is ISO9001 certified, which means it is up to international quality standards.
Compatible with all types of piezo-electronic printers, it offers a high transfer rate and very vivid colors that look good on mugs, t-shirts, banners, and other projects.
As a downside, the Printers Jack does not come with an ICC profile. A profile is useful for accurate color reproduction, so it can take a little trial and error to get it right.
2. Sawgrass Ink Cartridge
- SUBLIJET HD - Ink Cartridges for Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 and SG800 - COMPLETE SET (CMYK) - WITH 220 SHEETS OF SUBLIMAX SUBLIMATION PAPER.
- Comes with 220 SHEETS of our exclusive sublimation paper size 8.5x11 - MADE IN JAPAN (SUBLIMAX brand). This sublimation paper was fully tested with Sawgrass printers and inks - INSTANT DRY - NO SMUDGE - HIGH QUALITY - Best sublimation paper for Sawgrass printers.
- Complete set of inks with 4 cartridges. Standard capacity: Cyan (29ml), Magenta (29ml), Yellow (29ml), Black (42ml).
- Original sublimation inks made by Sawgrass. Made in USA. These sublimation inks are designed to work ONLY with Sawgrass SG400 and SG800 sublimation printers.
- Buy with CONFIDENCE! Eventprinters is the Authorized Sawgrass Deal
If you own a Sawgrass, the only printer specialized in sublimation composition, you will need a particular type of cartridge.
Sawgrass produces these shells itself, filled with four base ink colors made in the USA. This is actually a set and it also includes 220 sheets of sublimation paper, so you will be getting all the tools you need to start your project, plus the peace of mind that they are all compatible.
This is not a cheap product, but the color recreation is great and you can trust the manufacturer.
Customers are pleased with how fast the shipping is, and Sawgrass also offers great customer service.
3. InkOwl Kit
- 4-pack compatible DYE SUBLIMATION ink cartridges for use in SG400, SG800 dye sub printers
- 42mL of black dye-sub ink, 29mL of cyan, magenta, yellow dye-sub ink
- InkOwl Performance-R Sublimation Cartridges are a lower priced alternative to original brand sublimation ink. Install all four cartridges or just those colors that need replacement.
- Excellent color match for most dye sublimation applications, consistent quality control
- NOTE: Please be aware that when using this product, your SG400/800 printer may warn you about the use of non-original ink cartridges. Accept these warnings in order to use this ink. Accurate ink levels may not be displayed, but the printer will still warn when a cartridge is low so that you can prepare a replaceme
If you do not want to buy the more expensive original cartridges from Sawgrass, the InkOwl is a safe bet. The package comes with four ink cartridges, accompanied by injectors you will use to fill up the cartridges.
It is made in the UK and the particles are small and do not clog the printer. You should notice that the Sawgrass printer will exhibit a message “non-original ink cartridges” that you can accept and continue the project.
Be aware that most printers’ warranties do not cover damage made by non-original products, so read the fine print.
4. INKXPRO 4 Ink Sublimation Refills
- Professional True Color Sublimation ink for Sublimation printing only
- 4 X 100ml Sublimation ink refills for C68 C88 C88+ workforce WF 3520 3540 3620 3640 7010 7510 7520 7110 7610 7620 WF-7710 WF-7720 WF-7210 and 4 color Ecotank printers
- High quality ink, ICC profile for Windows or Mac can be free downloaded from INKXPRO
- Heat Press Transfer on Mugs, Plates, Polyester Shirts, Phone Cases
Sometimes lesser-known brands beat the big names when it comes to quality, and this is one of these times. With sublimation ink or any printing ink for that matter, the test of color depth is the black hue.
More often than not they come out on shades of purple, blue, or grey, and not a true black. With INKXPRO you can expect a very deep black, and that is also accurate for the rest of the colors.
You can do vibrant, vivid, and authentic designs using this ink. To make sure your printer accepts them type your model to the “confirm fit” bar and check they match.
They have the best results and least clogging on Epsom printers but are compatible with many more.
Another fact that helps with the color transfer is the ICC profile, available for Windows and Mac download, making the whole experience easy and beautiful.
5. CoylBod Sublimation Ink
- 🖨️ Compatible with all types of inkjet printers: (Please prepare a refillable ink cartridge or continuous ink supply system in advance.) Premium sublimation transfer printing ink refills for Artisan 1430 1500w 730 837 835 810 800 725 710 700 600 50 PHOTO1410 1400 RX680 RX640 RX620 RX600 RX500 RX595 RX580 R380 R280 R260 R340 R330 R320 R300 R220 R200
- 👕 Wide Range Of Applications: Premium 4 colors sublimation Ink Heat Transfer Printing Refills suitable for coffee cups, mouse pads, shot glasses, flasks, T-Shirts, mugs, phone cases, etc. And it has provided the same quality prints on every texture and surface which containing a thermal sublimation coating. This ink can only be used in fabrics containing less than 30% cotton.
- 🎨 OutStanding Ink Stability: ISO 9001 and MSDS Certified. FREE ICC Profile for Windows and Mac can be downloaded to calibrates the colors. More Vibrant and Vivid Colors, high saturation, good permeability, fast drying, waterproof and no fading. No damage for print head and print smoothly.
- 😃 Easy To Use: The accessories of the sublimation ink kit include ink refilling needles. The ink refill needles makes it very easy to refill ink into ink cartridge. No longer have the troubles of refilling ink.
- 💯 Excellent customer support: If you are not satisfied with our products, please contact us to apply for a full refu
Another fantastic budget option, the CoylBod ink has a useful advantage over other brands, its convenient refilling system. An extended tip that receives a needle-type nozzle is used to insert itself into the cartridge.
The bottle is squeezable and that arrangement means you don’t even need to take the cartridges out of the printer to refill them. Very handy. Apart from that, the colors are vivid and accurate and work as well on mugs as t-shirts.
It is compatible with Sawgrass printers so this is an acceptable replacer for their original ink.
6. Printers Jack Pack of 4
- Sublimation Ink Refill for Epson All Sublimation Printers. High quality sublimation transfer printing ink refills for ET4700 ET2720 ET2750 ET2760 ET15000 ET4760 ET3760 ET2650 ET3710 ET16600 WF2860 WF2760 WF7710 printer
- Free ICC Profile & DIY Your Life and Gifts. ICC profile can be free downloaded from Printers Jack. The heat transfer printer ink is suitable for T-shirt, cloth, pillow case, mug cup ,quilt, cross-stitch, shoe, cap, ceramics, box, bag, decorative cloth, flag, banner etc. Put your idea on your life and gifts.
- Vibrant Colors & Custom For Heat Transfer Ink. The water based dye sublimation Ink provides high heat transfer printing rate, and produces bright and vivid color. 3 layer filtered ink is formulated for heat press transfer printer. No clogging and print smoothly.
- Fade Resistant & Easy to Install and Refill. The Anti UV refillable sublimation ink kit has strong stability and durability. It’s water resistance and light fastness, waterproof and no fading. Very easy to use.
- For Polyester . The dye sub inks is for polyester or products with coating; not for cotton. ISO 9001 Certified. We value our customers ‘s using experience. Apply a full refund if you do not like the i
A good option if you want to have Printers Jack quality ink but save some cash is to get the pack of four colors from the brand.
Printers use four or six color bases to recreate a whole spectrum of shades, and six base colors will offer more diversity than four. Still, home crafters or people who use basic designs are well served with this kit.
You can also download the ICC profile for them, a great help in color recreation. This ink is exceptional in texture, and it does not clog the tubes.
The colors are accurate and bright and you can expect the bottles to last a long time, it is one of the best sublimation ink packs for beginners.
7. Anti-UV Sublimation Ink for Epson
- Sublimation ink refills for Stylus C88 C88+ WorkForce WF3540 WF3520 WF3640 WF3620 WF7010 WF7110 WF7510 WF7520 WF7610 WF7620 WF7710 WF7720 WF7210 WF2750 ET2650 ET2750 printer，suitable for refillable cartridges and CISS system
- Making special gifts, the heat transfer printer ink is suitable for T-shirt, cloth printing, pillow, mug cup , quilt, cross-stitch, shoe, cap, ceramics, box, bag, decorative cloth, flag, banner etc
- Anti-UV protection, Economical, Easy to Install and Refill, Vivid colors, Fade resistant, Strong stability and durability, fast drying, No plug, Waterproof, Print more smooth
- Smooth color and textures, clear and natural. Through Micron-3 Stage Filtration to reduce printhead clogging, vibrant colors and print smoothly. Great saving without compromising quality
- ISO 9001 Certified,1-Year Manufacturer 100% Satisfaction Guaran
Compatible with Epson printers, this ink has anti-UV properties. That means that it is embedded with chemicals that protect your final design from sunlight, making it less likely to suffer from discoloration.
This is especially useful for t-shirts and other pieces of garment that are often exposed to the elements. The manufacturer promises to use high-quality raw materials free from toxic substances, a great plus for those who are environmentally conscious.
They also offer a 1-year warranty and an ISO 9001 certificate, so you know you are getting an excellent product at an even better price.
8. Subnnur Sublimation Ink
- Vivid Colors and no clogging: Comprehensive and vivid color performance. Color transition is natural and realistic. This sublimation ink lasts long time and easy to refill your cartridges. Ultrafiltation and no clogging.
- Cost Saving: The ciss sublimation ink is durability and saved much money. Each bottle contains 100ML, enough for refill your cartridges more times. It is for all lovers especially for those just beginning sublimation.
- Widely Applications: An available source file for t-shirt can be free downloaded from us. This sublimation ink can be used on coffee cups, mouse pads, mugs, phone cases, etc. But we recommend you buy some polyester fabric to start practicing.
- Suitable For: This 4 color sublimation ink used for refilling cartridges and CISS, compatable with C88 C88+ WF7710 WF7720 WF7610 WF7110 WF2750 WF3640 WF3610 WF3540 WF2760 ET2650 etc.
- Rediscover classic sublimation pleasure with ours. Youll enjoy the timeless ritual of sublimation design when you use th
These bottles of ink are compatible with most Epson printers. It is high-quality ink and it stands to the test of time and water – meaning it does not wash out of the final products after washing.
Use them to refill empty cartridges inside your printer, and they will not disappoint. Note that this is not compatible with Sawgrass.
This is one of the best sublimation inks in this price range, so if you are starting or want to test a cheaper brand, the Subnnur is a good choice.
Most customers even mentioned it does not require a color profile to deliver good color precision.
9. Trinity Sublimation Ink
- Refill Ink Kit (100ml Black, 100ml Cyan, 100ml Magenta, 100ml Yellow, 4 syringes)
- Compatible with all types of Piezo-electronic Printers
- International Certification: ISO 9001 and ISO 140001
- 100% Satisfaction Guarant
As most of the models, the Trinity includes four bottles of 100ml each. It also contains four syringes that you can use to refill.
Just open your printer and the cartridges and use the syringe to transfer the Trinity ink from the bottles to the cartridges. This adds a lot of practicality to the process since you don’t even have to take the cartridges out of the printer.
Although this is a solid choice for affordable inks, we only recommend them if you are a beginner or just need to complete small, simpler projects.
Buying Guide for the Best Sublimation Ink
This is the first thing to check when purchasing sublimation ink. Even the best cartridge or refillable bottle will be useless if it does not work with your specific printer. Check not only for the brand of the printer but also the model, as this matters too.
The transfer rate refers to how much of the ink transmits from the paper to the working surface. You want a transfer rate of at least 90% for a bright and accurate design.
Since in sublimation the substance goes straight from the solid to the liquid phase, there should be minimal drying required.
Still, some cheaper ink brands use a lot of water in their composition, which increases the drying time significantly. The more water, the worse the ink is and the longer it takes to dry.
Sublimation ink needs to be smooth and composed of small particles. In addition to avoiding printer clogging, small particles also contribute to better end design.
When you use magnifying glasses on mugs, t-shirts, etc, printed using ink with big particles, you can see them all through the drawing. Ideally, the particles should not be greater than 0.1 microns.
Even though ink color needs to be vibrant, you don’t want them to be oversaturated. It is more important that they reproduce the original colors of the design, and that they have depth.
This is what will provide a professional-looking pattern, especially with faces and skin tones. The best way to check for this is by printing a black design and checking how pure it is, as opposed to deep purple or grey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it ok to keep changing sublimation ink brands?
It is better to always or the same brand of ink or to empty the cartridge before changing to a different brand. This will avoid contamination and ensure your projects are consistent.
What is the difference between sublimation ink and normal ink?
Regular ink uses very small particles of colored material that, when printed, sit on top of the paper to create designs.
Sublimation ink, on the other hand, is transferred to the medium through a gaseous state and it completely encapsulates the polyester molecules, creating a lasting design.
What is an ICC profile?
Every printer needs to learn how to print thousands of color shades from just four or six base colors. Although they already come with this ability, different brands offer slightly distinct hues and that affects the result.
An ICC color profile is a guide many brands offer to download so your printer can compare the colors of the ink to the original colors. The software can then adjust and correct differences and print a more accurate design.
Does sublimation ink fade?
A project done with quality ink should not fade. If it does look faded in the end, check for the temperature used, the pressure applied, and the expiration date of the ink.
What is the sublimation ink shelf life?
While many people agree that it is ok to use ink a little past the expiration date, it is a good rule of thumb to use up the cartridges within six months of installing them in the printer.
The ink that is left for too long inside a printer with no use can develop particles and deliver less than optimal designs.