Is the Janome HD3000 a good sewing machine? Here’s our in-depth review so you can make an informed purchase.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Janome is a reliable brand for beginners and professionals. They make excellent quality simple to use innovative models for a sewing machine. The Janome HD3000 is a heavy-duty sewing machine having the most basic stitches making it very suitable for beginners. It is not a fancy computerized machine, though. But it is straightforward to use, so the beginners will feel much comfortable using this.
Although it lacks in bells and whistles, it gives consistent performance and durability. It can produce high-quality basic stitches for any beginners to practice their skills. It is a great beginner’s machine as it offers only the most important basic controls. Although this machine doesn’t offer as many stitches as other sewing machines in the same price range, the stitches’ quality is more than satisfactory.
Janome HD3000 is not a computerized machine. It does not have a lot of features. But it has the basic features every electrical machine has :
Key Features of Janome HD3000
Janome HD3000 has 14 built-in stitches, including a four-step buttonhole. The stitches are basic, fashion, quilting and décor stitches and 1 buttonhole. The four steps help you customize your buttonhole to your liking. So She is also perfect as a quilting machine.
2. Front loading vertical oscillating bobbin
Front-loading bobbin makes it easy for you to load the bobbin and check where you put the bobbin. Oscillating bobbin makes it sew through heavier fabric.
3. Automatic Needle threader
Needle threader helps you thread the needle machine with ease. So, you don’t have to go through all the trouble.
4. Adjustable stitch length and zigzag width
You can adjust the stitch length of your Janome HD3000. It has a maximum stitch length of 4mm and a maximum stitch width of 4mm.
5. Drop feed
Drop feed means lowering the feed dogs. This feature is used for free-motion sewing. So, when you sew, the feed dogs are not used. This can be achieved with just a switch of the lever.
6. 3 piece feed dog system
3 piece feed dog system allows the smooth motion of fabric of any type.
7. Extra high presser feet lifter
Extra high presser feet lifter makes it lifter lets you adjust the presser feet for different fabric types whether it is bulky or not.
8. Stitch selection dial
The stitch selection dial allows you to choose from 14 different stitches with the turn of a knob.
9. Reverse stitch lever
The reverse stitch lever helps you do the backward stitch for securing your stitch.
10. Removable Free arm
A removable storage compartment turns the machine into a free arm. It is an advanced-level sewing machine feature. It is suitable for sewing small openings.
11. Heavy-duty aluminum outer body
Janome HD3000 is made of cast aluminum inside and out. A heavy-duty aluminum body makes it rigid and sturdy. It works great for someone looking for a machine that can work with a wide range of fabric.
12. Automatic declutch bobbin winder
Automatic declutch bobbin winder stops bobbin winding once it is full, so you don’t have to worry about over-winding the bobbin.
13. Manual thread tension control
This feature lets you choose the tension of your thread. You need different tension on the thread for different fabrics. Lightweight fabric does not need as much tension as heavyweight fabrics.
14. Added accessories
The machine comes with accessories including Bobbins, Felt, Extra Needles, Two Screwdrivers, Seam Ripper/Buttonhole Ripper, Zipper Foot, Hemmer Foot, Buttonhole Foot, a Hem Guide, and a Soft Cover.
What we like most (Pros)
- The machine provides excellent quality stitches. And they are all basic stitches. So very useful for beginners.
- Suitable for a wide range of fabric from cotton, linen to silk and satin, even for leather or
- Sturdy aluminum body; they don’t make sewing machine like these anymore. It’s durable, unlike the plastic-made machines these days.
- Good for quilting, too, come with a few great quality basic quilting stitches.
- Easy to use
What users claiming (cons)
- The threading process can be a little tricky. The machine is similar to the old models. So the threading process is not like the machine used today.
- No decorative stitches are added to the features.
- It cannot be used on canvas, plastic, or twill
- A little bit pricey given the number of features
- Most sewing machines are threaded from right to left, but the Janome HD3000 is the opposite. This may create some problems.
- Customers sometimes complain about jamming.
- Not very suitable for carrying to class; there are lighter models.
- It does not have a top drop-in bobbin
Janome HD3000 is a good quality heavy-duty machine. It is a real workhorse. It may be a little expensive, but in other sectors, it excels. It has the most basic stitches. As a beginner, this is what you need: a sturdy machine with the most practical stitches. For day-to-day uses, you won’t need any fancy stitches. It has a full metal body for long-lasting sturdiness. It has the ability to handle just about any fabric. It provides you with everything you need if you are starting with sewing. It is even great for a professional seamstress who wants precise and great quality stitches without the complex mechanisms. It may lack all the bells and whistles modern sewing machines offer, but It is simple, straightforward to use, and a dependable machine.
Jenome Official Website