Janome is one of the best brands in the field of the advanced sewing machine. they offer a wide range of affordable yet precise sewing machine for beginners and professionals. Janome Magnolia 7318 is one of those models where you get excellent performance without the complications. It is a high-quality heavy duty machine perfect for wide range of projects in quilting, sewing, home décor etc. in this Janome magnolia 7318 reviews we are talking about all the features it has to offer and all of its pros and cons for your better judgment.
Key Features of Janome Magnolia 7318
Janome Magnolia 7318 has the following features:
The Jan0ome magnolia 7318 has 18 built-in stitches that allow you to do blind hem stretch, blind hem , shell, fagoting, bridging, arrowhead, overcasting, knit stitch, double over edge straight stitch, zigzag , straight stretch and so much more. It has a four-step buttonhole to help you customize the shape and size of your buttonhole.
2. 5-piece feed dog
5-piece feed dog system allows smooth passing of the fabric on the machine bed.
3. Drop feed
The machine has drop feed dog lever to lower the feed dogs. This allows you to use the machine for free motion embroidery, darning, and quilting.
4. Extra high presser foot lift
Extra high presser foot lift gives you the flexibility of using even the bulkier fabrics. You can lift your presser foot to adjust the position you want to it hold your fabric down.
5. Free Arm
The free arm is a removable sewing machine part that turns your machine into a free arm and allows you to sew hard reach areas like sewing cuffs of a shirt.
6. Stitch Adjuster
It allows you to customize your stitch length and width. It offers stitch width maximum of 5mm and length of 4 millimeters.
7. Snap-on presser feet
Snap on presser feet system allows you to raise or lower your presser foot instantly.
8. Stitch selection dial
The machine comes with a stitch selection knob. This stitch selection dial allows you to choose from 18 different stitches. You can now be creative with the stitches with just a turn of a knob.
9. Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
Top loading bobbin technology is a great feature in modern day sewing machines. It saves you the trouble of going under the machine with hardly any scope of seeing what you are doing. Now you can see where you load your bobbin and it has never been easier.
Full rotary hook makes the machine noiseless as the bobbin rotates all the way. There is much less friction so your machine runs very smoothly.
10. Manual Thread Tension Dial.
With this dial, you can change the tension on your thread. As you know different fabric need different thread tension. Now you can set the tension on your thread to prevent your fabric from bunching.
11. Reverse Lever.
A reverse lever allows you to do back stitch. It is generally used to secure stitches at the end of the sewing. You can adjust the lever to do a reverse stitch on this machine.
12. Stitch Chart.
The machine comes with a stitch chart on the body. It will help you choose the stitch you like as you will be able to see how your stitches will turn out.
These are some key features Janome magnolia 7318 has. It also comes with added accessories including blind hem foot, bobbin, buttonhole foot, needle set, zigzag foot, zipper foot etc.
What We Like Most (Pros)
The things that make Janome magnolia 7318 stand out are:
- Its clear needle plate. Clear needle plate helps you see where your threads are going. You can also check on the feeding of your bobbin to see when it needs to be rewind without having to open the case.
- It is a versatile machine. it can do all kinds of projects including sewing, small quilting, and decorative projects.
- It can handle any type of fabric very smoothly. Its smooth operation makes it very less noisy.
- It has powerful motor and stable constructions. Making it very sturdy and heavy duty as well
- It is very light Wight making it very easy to carry around.
- It provides excellent quality precise stitches.
- It is easy to use and simple to set up. It comes with an instruction manual that covers it all.
- It is affordable for any kind of users.
What Users Claiming (cons)
- The drop feed is set at the back of the machine. it makes it very hard to reach while sitting down especially when it comes to bog table.
- At certain speeds, it can cause some noise and vibrations.
- Bobbin winding can be a little complicated for some users
- It is not computerized.
Janome Magnolia 7318 is heavy duty sturdy machine. it may not be computerized but it provides excellent quality stitches. It is simple enough for any beginners to try out and yet so powerful for advanced users. Although it could have some more feature for the price. But the versatility of the machine overcomes that. it has easy threading process with simple to use features makes it a perfect choice for beginners. Though some of the customers complain about the noise it creates at a certain speed, we are sure regular oiling can overcome that. Besides, there is a 25-year warranty for the machine which makes it a great investment for the long run. If you have read this Janome magnolia 7318 reviews, you will realize how its pro outnumbers its cons and what a great machine it is.
Click here to learn more on quilting sewing machines.