Janome has always offered precise and affordable machines with lots features and has always been a trusted brand for both the beginners and for the professional. The Janome mod-19 is a versatile sewing machine with a verity of the feature. It has 19 built in stitches (hence the name) allowing you to get crafty and creative with your projects. In this Janome Mod-19 review we will talk about the different features it has to offer and you can compare it with the others to see for yourself how it is better.
Janome Mod-19 Review & Key Features
Janome mod-19 has a lot of different features that can make sewing a lot easier.
1. 19 built in stitches including a button hole
Janome mod-19 offers 19 different stitches in basic, fashion, quilting, heirloom and home décor. The stitches include a four step buttonhole which helps you customize the stitch width, the stitch length, the size of the hole and the fabric type. This means a wide range of stitches for you to try.
2. Built in needle threader
As the name implies it gets the thread though the eye of the needle. You just have a thread up the machine as indicated by the arrows and the needle threader will do the rest for you.
3. Stitch selection dial
You can choose the stitch of your like from 19 different stitches with your desired adjustment just by turning the dial. It saves a lot of effort for you.
4. Stitch length and width adjuster
It comes with a stitch adjuster. Just turn the dials to select the length and width of your stitch. It can do a maximum of 5mm wide and 4mm long stitches.
5. Top loading full rotary hook bobbin with clear cover
Top loading system with clear cover helps you set up easily and monitor the supply the threads to your bobbin. You can easily change the bobbin once you see that it is empty.Rotary hooks make the machine noiseless as the bobbin moves in only one direction and frictionless so the machine runs smoothly unlike the ones with an oscillating hook.
6. Drop feed
You can lower the feed dogs and drop them below the needle plate so the feed dogs won’t control your fabric. You can use the free motion sewing , the feed dogs will no longer be used. So, you will have full control over the speed and direction of your sewing.
7. 5 piece feed dog system
While we are on the subject, the machine has 5 pieces feed dog system which allows smooth passage of fabric no matter the thickness.
8. Auto declutch bobbin winder
This is a wonderful feature. It stops winding the bobbin once it is full. So no more worrying about over winding the bobbin. Let the machine do all the work for you.
9. Free Arm
It has a removable compartment that turns the machine into a free is. It is especially useful for sewing small openings as in sewing a sleeve or a pair of pants and basically the hard reached areas.
LED illuminates your workplace for better display.
11. Other Features
Other features include thread tension control, extra high presser foot lifter, easy reverse lever and so on
The machine has a 25-year warranty which offers a great convenience for long time investments.
It also comes with some accessories including general purpose foot, Zipper foot, blind hemming foot, sliding buttonhole foot. Along with the feet, there are also spool holders, extra spool pins, bobbins, seam reaper, needle set, instruction book, power cord etc.
What We Like Most (Pros)
There are lots to like about this machine. Let’s see a few:
- This machine is reasonably priced. Which could be especially helpful if you are starting off as a beginner and don’t want to spend a lot on your machine.
- The machine is lightweight. So, it is very portable. It has built in handle on it so, it is even easier. It will be most helpful if you think of taking your machine to work.
- It is simple to use a system which makes it suitable for armatures that need a lot of functions without the complications.
- It has easy to use features, suitable for even the most inexperienced users.
- It is noiseless. So, you don’t have to worry about annoying sounds.
- It comes with a 25-year warranty which is great for future investment.
What Users Claiming (cons)
Although this is an amazing machine to have, the users claim a few things that this machine fails to provide.
- The feet are difficult to change.
- Although the description claimed that it can be used for both heavy duty and lightweight fabric, but the machine is not very suitable for heavyweight fabric like denim and others.
- This is a plastic made the machine and not quite sturdy or durable.
To be very honest, if you look very carefully into the Janome mod-19 review, you will see that this machine works great for beginners. It is dynamic, lightweight, and easy on the eyes. It is very suitable for students as they can easily carry it to class. They can try out lots of different stitches as well. It is simple and very easy to use. With this electrically powered machine, they won’t have to do any manual labor what so ever. And not to mention the price. The price is very hard to beat. The features you get for so much less money are absolutely brilliant, which makes it a sensible choice for both beginners and low budgeted users.
You may also read –